It’s that time of year again! Everything has pumpkin flavoring…and friends getting together to
house eat some baked brie 🙂
Our BMOREtoned ladies have been working out and hanging out together for a little over a year now (wow…time flies) and we were really excited for our second annual Toneitupsgiving! Last year was great, but this year, I think we really mastered the plan…and the food.
Each of us were tasked with making something and, maybe more importantly, bringing a bottle of wine (we learned from last year that we need probably that many bottles when we get together) haha And our silly faces. 😛
Don’t you just want to dive into this plate? (and glass)
I made two dishes: Baked Crab & Almond Dip and Pumpkin Scalloped Potatoes (YUM!). They were both delicious! Here are the recipes! *you’re welcome
- 1/3 C sliced almonds, toasted
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ C mayonnaise
- ¼ C white wine (Pinot Grigio worked fine)
- ½ C shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- ¼ C finely chopped green onions, more for garnish
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 dashes hot red pepper sauce
- 6 oz lump crab meat
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- The recipe calls for you to toast the almonds, but I didn’t and they were still tasty! BUT if you do want to, first toast the almonds in a dry pan over medium heat, stirring frequently, making sure not to burn them
- In a medium bowl, with a hand mixer, blend cream cheese, mayo, wine, ¼ cup Parmesan, green onions, garlic and hot sauce until combined.
- Fold in crab and almonds by hand.
- Transfer the mixture to a small baking dish and top with the remaining ¼ cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes, until it’s hot and bubbly!
- Garnish with green onion & enjoy! 🙂
Pumpkin Scalloped Potatoes
(via Recipe Girl)
- 1 C heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 C unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg (freshly grated is best!)
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch slices (approx. 5-6 med/small potatoes)
- 2 lbs yams, peeled and cut into 1/8-inch slices (approx. 2-3 yams)
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 oz Havarti cheese, shredded
- 1/2 C freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 2 quart casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Prep by peeling and cutting the potatoes. Prep by combining two cheeses.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cream, pumpkin, thyme, garlic and nutmeg and heat over medium-low heat. While the cream sauce is warming, arrange the potatoes.
- Create three to four rows of potatoes along the bottom of the dish, overlapping slightly and alternating with the two types of potatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Remove the cream from heat (taking out the thyme/garlic) and pour 1/3 of the cream sauce over the first potato layer.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the cheese combo over the potatoes.
- Create a second layer of potatoes, sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with 1/3 more of the sauce and 1/3 more of the cheese.
- Create a third layer of potatoes, sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with the remainder of the sauce (easy, right)
- Bake the potatoes, uncovered, for approx. 50 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remainder of the cheese on top, and bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese is slightly browned and bubbly.