[Recipe] Crock Pot Pumpkin Soup
It’s cold. Like freezing cold. So, we definitely need to up our warm-foods-to-reset-your-insides game.
Luckily, in the latest edition of the Tone It Up Nutrition Plan, they included a lot of warm menu items. This time around, they’ve also included some slow cooker recipes, so they’re healthy and tasty but ALSO easy! I love using our Crock Pot because we can set it in the morning and then we automatically have dinner ready when we get home that evening!
One fall recipe that stuck out was their Sweet & Savory Pumpkin Soup – I made it in the slow cooker recently and it was delicious! Check out the recipe below:
SWEET AND SAVORY PUMPKIN SOUP
Courtesy of: Tone It Up
Needs: Slow cooker
- 2 C pumpkin puree
- ¼ C unsweetend coconut milk
- ½ C vegetable stock
- 2 sweet potatoes (peeled and diced OR you can use the pre-cut cubed sweet potatoes at the store!)
- 1 C carrots (chopped)
- 1-3 garlic cloves (peeled and cut in half)
- 2 T honey
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1 T tumeric
- 1 T pumpkin pie spice
- 1 T cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Wash and prepare all vegetables.
- Add all ingredients to your slow cooker.
- Set it on low to medium heat for 6-8 hours.
- OPTIONAL: This recipe does come out a little chunky which is delicious, but not for everyone. If you’re more of a smooth consistency soup person, you can also use an immersion blender to grind everything up!
- Enjoy! (SO EASY, right?!)