It’s been a few weeks since I’ve posted a Wednesday Workout. It’s been crazy at work! (I really should think about renaming my blog “Things I write during the 5 minutes I’m not working” haha)
Anyway, it’s been crazy, but I’ve still been fitting in some fun new workouts! I’ve started the new SELF Magazine #Drop10 series with Tone It Up, I’ve been going to spin with Jessie (same amazing instructor who taught the FloYo SUP class – talk about multi talented!), as well as other fun workouts. INCLUDING this fun new Bodyshred workout from the always-inspiring Jillian Michaels!
This week’s workout: Bodyshred Circuit
Muscles worked: Full body!
Courtesy of: Fitness Magazine with Jillian Michaels
Needs: Small to medium dumbbells (I used 8lbs)
Start by getting your heart rate up with a quick cardio warm up. I did jumping jacks and jump rope for a few minutes.
1) Dumbbell row in crescent – With dumbbells in each hand, start in a low lunge. Drive your elbows up behind you and the dumbbells to your ribs. Repeat for 10, switch legs and repeat for 10.
2) Alternating side lunge with reverse fly: Start with legs together and dumbbells in each hand. Step out into a right side lunge as you simultaneously hinge forward from hips until back is parallel to floor. Lift both arms wide. As you bring your arms down, bring your legs back together. Repeat on the opposite side. Repeat for 20.
3) Dive bomber: Start in a full plank. Lift your hips so your body forms an inverted V. In one fluid movement, push into palms as you thrust chest forward; then lift chest upward as you lower hips to the floor, straightening arms – you should be looking up and balancing on balls of your feet. This is similar to what I’ve done in the few yoga classes I’ve done – plank to downward dog to chatarunga.
4) Jump jack & touch the ground: Start with you feet together and then jump out to a squat with your feet about hip width apart. Tap the floor with one hand and extend your other hand above your back. Jump back together and bring your hands together above your head.
5) Side leg mountain climbers: Get in your traditional plank position and pull your right knee up to your right elbow. Quickly push it down and pull your left knee up to your left elbow. And repeat.
SO excited Jillian featured this – it’s one of my favorite TeamRick workouts too!
6) Windshield Wiper: Lie face up on the ground with your arms extended to each side and your legs extended above you. Maintaining your positon, drop your legs together to the right, back to center and then to your left.
7) Hollow man chest fly: You’re staying on the ground for this one. Grab your weights and keep them in each extended arm. Raise your shoulder and head off the floor while lift your legs to a 45 degree angle. Lower arms out to sides until hands almost touch the floor, palms facing up; keep elbows slightly bent. Bring arms back to center and repeat working your arms, chest and core.
Ready? Set? Oh time to go hard.
Jay-Z – Brooklyn Go Hard
And remember, you’ll never regret a workout!