I love pizza. Let’s be honest, who doesn’t? Unfortunately, too much pizza isn’t exactly good for my diet.
THEN I had an epiphany…mushroom pizza. I buy these huge portobello mushroom caps to sub for burgers but a lot of them are so big, they could swap out as the base for a personal pizza! AND like other pizzas, you can pick whatever toppings you want! YUM.
- 2 large portobello mushroom caps
- 2 slices low-fat mozzarella cheese (or whatever cheese you want!)
- 1/4 – 1/2C toppings (I used chopped tomatoes, peppers & turkey pepperoni)
- 2T olive oil
- 1T balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350
- Coat each mushroom cap with oil and vinegar
- On a outdoor grill, indoor grill or grill pan (I’ve tried both with my grill pan and my electric grill and they both worked great!) grill each mushroom for approx. 3 minutes on each side
- Place mushrooms in oven pan and add toppings. Top with cheese and salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
So easy, right? :)